One of the questions that we hear time and time again from our customers who are planning weddings is 'What quantity of petals do I need for...?'. If you are reading this post and visiting Rosepetals.ie then the chances are that you love the idea of incorporating petals into your wedding somehow. Let us fill you in on their many gorgeous uses, and an approximate guide to the quantities you will need to achieve your memorable petal moment.
Firstly, it's possible to use our beautiful freeze-dried petals to help you create a romantic look and atmosphere in almost all areas of your wedding. Our petals are eco-friendly and all-natural with no dyes or additives used. They are biodegradable so are a preferred choice for many venues.
Freeze-Dried Petals Can Be Incorporated Into Your Wedding As:
- confetti (fill bags, cones, baskets and bowls, or create a petal bar for your guests)
- cake and cake table decoration
- to create the ultimate romantic aisle, walkway or petal carpet for an incredible entrance
- add them to your invitations
- decorate your tables
- use them to decorate your honeymoon suite
We have different box sizes to help you obtain the ideal amount of petals for your wedding. We have 27 colours available online, and a choice of classic Rose Petals, Lilac Petals and Peony Petals, and we can also source custom colours and blends if you don't find what you are looking for on our site.
Rosepetals.ie Offers The Following Sizes Of Petals:
- 2 litre size - containing 10 cups or approx. 10 handfuls of petals
- 4 litre size - containing 20 cups or approx. 20 handfuls of petals
- 6 litre size - containing 30 cups or approx. 30 handfuls of petals
- 8 litre size - containing 40 cups or approx. 40 handfuls of petals
- 12 litre size - containing 60 cups or approx. 60 handfuls of petals
- 16 litre size - containing 80 cups or approx. 80 handfuls of petals
- 20 litre size - containing 100 cups or approx. 100 handfuls of petals
- 24 litre size - containing 24 cups or approx. 24 handfuls of petals
To work out how much you will need for your own wedding use the guide below to help you calculate it. Or email us firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help you calculate the amount required.
What Quantity Of Petals Are Needed For:
- petal walkway or aisle: 1-1.5 cups per square foot for light coverage, 3 cups per square foot for medium coverage, 5 cups per square foot for heavy coverage.
- flower girl's basket: 6 cups for a small basket, 12 cups for a large basket
- confetti/petal toss: 1/2 cup to 1 cup per guest for cones or small organza bags
- table decoration: 2-4 cups to decorate the centre of a standard circular table (60")
- honeymoon suite: 10 cups would provide a moderate covering on a queen/king bed
- invitations: 5-10 petals per envelope
- cake decoration: 5-10 cups for the cake and table
So that's most of what you need to know to be able to figure out just what quantity of petals you're going to need. Is there anything else you need to know? Just one or two things!
What Else Do I Need To Know?
- We get plenty of last minute orders from couples who have forgotten to order confetti ahead of time, and we do our best to accommodate these, but ideally we recommend ordering 3-4 weeks before your wedding to allow plenty of time to deliver your order (which can take up to 7-10 working days for delivery)
- If you need petal accessories, we have gorgeous Organza Bags and Handmade Petal Cones available on Rosepetals.ie with no minimum order
- The best way to store your freeze-dried petals is in their packaging in a temperate cupboard or wardrobe, until you are ready to use them. There is no need to refridgerate them or soften them before use.
- Freeze-dried petals will last for monts, if not years. Darker colours tend to have the longest shelf-life, pinks have the shortest (can be as little as 2-3 months).
- Please note that our petals are 100% natural, from roses that have not been dyed or coloured therefore there are variations in petal size and colour from batch to batch. The picture you see on screen is only a guide, and can also vary from screen to screen. Please use our sample service to give you a better idea of colours if this is very important to you.
- Shipping is free within Ireland on orders of €50 or more.
And if that hasn't covered it, you can email us - email@example.com - and we will happily answer any questions that you might have.